Sunday, June 30, 2013

Meditation Thoughts - Elemental


So, I'm doing a four part series on elemental meditation and self-discovery. I did this a few years ago for my own benefit, a 'back to basics' approach. I thought to share some of my findings, not just because they helped me but because they might help someone else, too.

So, in my workings, the general elemental sequence goes like this:

Air - Fire - Water - Earth

There are SEVERAL schools of thought when it comes to this sequence. Some start with Earth if not air, other start at cross points, but this is what has worked for me. Your mileage may very, and that's also much of the point. This kind of journey is a deeply personal one, and it's important to keep that in mind whenever studying any kind of meditation or religious workings or techniques.

So, away we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment